Pole Mapping Kit
As opposed to a telescoping pole, this design will not collapse when in a vertical position, and is therefore ideal for aerial photo applications. You can get your point-and-shoot camera to a height of 30+ feet!
This kit includes:
- one Ron Thompson Carp Gangster Pole
- mounting hardware with nuts and bolts
- rigid PVC sleeve
- rubber stripping
- universal tripod ball mount
Uses include not only aerial mapping, but also:
- stunning event photography, such as group photos and weddings
- real estate and location photography
- gutter and roof inspection
- any instance where you want the vantage of a drone, but the quality of a full-fledged camera
You can find an activity with assembly instructions here
"Carp poles are a fantastic platform due to their amazing weight characteristics given the altitude that can be achieved. I would highly recommend this form of aerial photography to those who are looking for a very accessible method and do not need extremely wide area coverage. It is also a lot of fun to play around with these things and the direct connection that you have of the imaging system is unequaled by other aerial techniques." -Ecta64 via Public Lab Research Note
Unfortunately, Pole Kits are too large to ship to many countries.
International customers please message firstname.lastname@example.org before purchase to confirm that we can ship to your country; or be prepared for a refund in the event that your local postal service does not accept such large packages.
International Delivery must ship priority mail.